Friday, October 2, 2015

Postvorta Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?
Hi, Well , i m currently rehearsing with the new line up. We are working on the new live set , with songs from Ægeria . I am also finishing to record the second chapter of the trilogy , armentis, which will be an Ep and will be totally instrumental , ambient , drone and oriented stuff. i am also rehearsing with a different drummer the material for the third Chapter called "Antevorta" , very dark stuff !! As you see i'm pretty busy right now !!

2.In September you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
I think , it s darker than "Beckoning lights " (first album) life can change a lot in one year , different feelings , different mind states, a lot of things have happened to me , and i have put all this dark and sadness on riffs. that's it! Every song is a different and single stage , even if it is a concept. I wanted to record a personal interpretation of a song that means a lot to me , it s " in the house in a heartbeat " by John Murphy , and it’s called Placenta, on the album. I am so proud about that. I got an email from John 's manager , telling me he (John) was impressed and excited when he heard that version. So glad and proud . I think it is a dark trip...yep a dark trip !!

3.The lyrics on the album are the start of a trilogy, can you tell us a little bit more about it?
The idea was to split an entire album in 3 parts, 3 Ep. ÆGERIA is based on birth and the rest is based in the cycle of life Lyrics has been always a pain in the ass to me , that’s why i let singers do it . I say what i Have to say with Music .

4.I know that the name 'Postvorta' comes from a Greek goddess, how does this name fit in with the musical style that you play and also can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
Postvorta is from the Roman mythology that as you know is taken , or better steeled from Greek culture. I have always been amazed by history , all the secrets and ancient Ways of living . I think our music fits well with this , all the shades of magic , of evil.

5.On the album you record everything by yourself but have a live band for shows, are you open to working with other musicians on the future ?
The first album and this Ep have been recorded as a band, even if i used to write all by my self, i don't need other people to compose nor in studio. i found my self re-record other old members lines because they were shit , pure shit , I don't need friends , i don't need band mates, i've never considered them like my family, i hate when i read about brotherhood within a band , because it’s not true. This band was like a factory, and I’ve always been the boss of that factory doing all the stuff , for everyone even if i was a worker, It all has been  on my shoulders,  always. I couldn't feel the band mates like brothers but like Co-workers, but if their job was shit, then go fuck yourself lazy bunch of bastards. i couldn't stand them anymore ! It s hard to put what you think into others heads, so fuck off the others. Only the old singer Nicola helped me, writing all the lyrics and some nice Guitar lines. For the upcoming new album , i'll record everything , no problem with that , i always did…And yes now there is a brand new live line up including Raffaele Who has been already 5 years in the band. Maybe I’ll let  the current live singer Malda sing on the album , maybe not . Still don't know .

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
We had good shows and bad shows as every other band on the planet. We had the chance to play with Callisto, that is one of my fav band . So proud of it. When it’s possible i love to play with a minimal light set or also with no light at all on the stage.in the past there was a member Who didn't realize we were playing post metal , you know, he thought we were like limp biskit you know , his presence on stage was horrible , like his way to play by the way . This line up is more brutal , less static , i think it will be a more hardcore scenario on stage.

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
No , not really. I'm planning a short Tour in Europe for spring 2016 , i hope to play as much as i can . Even if we are a ghost to Italian promoters, we have a lot of request outside italy. The old members have been a massive brake to me in the past. I had to say no tons of times when people requested us, because of them. Things are different now.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of post metal?
Great , i mean within the post metal community the first album " Beckoning light " had a great buzz. Great words from all around the world have been spent on it . Also Aaron from Isis said he liked it , proud of it at max . I wouldn't change a thing on that album . Let see How things will be for Ægeria.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Doing soundtracks for movies and watch my son play with Postvorta Ahahahaha.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I love Hendrix , Pink Floyd , Dire Straits , you know, old stuff . I Love Buckley, i love the grunge , nirvana above all. i am a Nin ultra fan and collector. I wish i could write my " ok computer " one day , love Radiohead, i wish i could play like Placebo, they are simply perfect. I don't listen to metal (pure heavy metal ) but i spend my time listen to isis , neurosis, cult of luna , Rosetta , Caspian and on and on and on...it means i m a post metal / post rock guy .

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
I love my family and i love to spend time with them , my son is my life. I love also my day job as audio and light services. I would love to be a light designer one day.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Oh , yes , thank you for your time . Thank for doing what you do and help people discover bands!! It s a great thing!! And keep Listening to Postvorta

No comments:

Post a Comment